Aloe Vera is a popular Nigerian plant, though not originally from Nigeria, it grows predominantly in tropical climates around the world and is cultivated for agricultural and medicinal uses. It is found in many consumer products including sunburns, skin lotions, cosmetics, and beverages.
It was widely believed that the use of Aloe Vera can also help prevent Cancer and Aids and also glands from it were also used to help in treatment for radiation therapy. Though reports surfaced that Aloe Vera also caused cancer but it was quickly disbursed as heresy when it was established that medical organizations would not sanction its use without properly investigating its health benefits.
The health benefits of Aloe Vera include;
- Constipation issues: Though data on the safety and efficacy of Aloe Vera products are not fully known, in some countries of the world, the use of Aloe Vera for constipation issues are well documented.
- Protection from Ultra-Violet Radiation
- Protection from Skin Damage After Radiation Therapy
- Treatment for Wounds from Second Degree Burns
- Teeth and Gums stabilizing.