Crystal meth or rmethamphetamine is a drug that people take by inhaling through the nose or by injecting it with a needle. As it is with other drugs whose first intake makes people come for more, crystal meth creates a false sense of happiness and a strong feeling that makes people come for more dose of it. Its effects generally last from six to ten hours but can, in some cases last up to twenty-four hours.
For all its bad reputation, crystal meth has been used medically as part of treatment for ADHD and Obesity in children and adults; it is also used recreationally because of its effects as a potent euphoriant and stimulant as well as its aphrodisiac qualities. Its use as a sex stimulant can lead to an increase in stamina during sex for the user but it has a side effect; daytime sleepiness.
Effects of Meth includes;
- High body temperature that can lead to death.
- Mood swings, inability to sleep, have mood swings.
- Someone under the influence of meth also stands the risk of having unsafe sex which can lead to having sexually transmitted diseases like aids.
- Jerky, erratic movements.
- Obsessively picking at skin or hair
- Angry outbursts and mood swings.
Meth addiction is one of the hardest drug addictions but it can be treated, but it is in the best interest of the general public that they avoid the use of this substance before standing the risk of getting addicted.