The men behind Game Of Thrones have jumped spaceship and walked away from a new Star Wars trilogy, which is set to be released in 2022.
David Benioff and DB Weiss were set to direct the new series, but have since signed a five-year deal to make content for Netflix.
The pair signed for the streaming giant in August, after it won an intense bidding war for their signature with Amazon and Disney.
As a result, they now have announced that given their new busy schedules, something had to give.
In a statement to Deadline, Benioff and Weiss said: “There are only so many hours in the day, and we felt we could not do justice to both Star Wars and our Netflix projects… so we are regretfully stepping away.
“We love Star Wars. When George Lucas built it, he built us too.
“Getting to talk about Star Wars with him and the current Star Wars team was the thrill of a lifetime, and we will always be indebted to the saga that changed everything.”
Despite announcing they are stepping away from the franchise, Lucasfilm’s president, Kathleen Kennedy, said she looks forward to welcoming the pair back in the future to work on the Jedi-saga.
She said: “David Benioff and Dan Weiss are incredible storytellers.
“We hope to include them in the journey forward when they are able to step away from their busy schedule to focus on Star Wars.”
Despite the worldwide success of Game Of Thrones, the final series brought mixed reviews, leading more than 1.5 million people to sign a petition that said: “David Benioff and DB Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers.”
The current Star Wars story wraps up in December, when the final episode in the Skywalker Saga is released, bringing to an end the nine-film series that has run since 1977.
According to Disney’s release schedule, three new films are slated for 2022, 2024 and 2026, in an as-yet unknown trilogy, which is now on the hunt for new collaborators.
One of Ghana’s biggest music stars, Shatta Wale has revealed that his net worth is about $10M (N3.6B).
The music star made this known during an interview with Peace radio station in Ghana. According to Shatta Wale, he has numerous businesses that rake in cool cash for him. He went to say that even though he is not bragging, he only talks about his wealth because he wants to motivate the youths.
“For now I can say that I am worth over ten million dollars. It is business, so if they will understand it like that, any other artiste can speak the way I speak. But sometimes you ask Ghanaian artistes whether they are rich, all they say is me I don’t disclose my worth but that is a lie.
“Because when you watch the likes of Jay Z, Kanye West, and other big artistes when they buy a new house they post it on the internet. So it is normal. And it’s not like I am bragging to anybody but it is also a motivation to the youth to believe in their dreams and work hard towards it,” he said.
Shatta Wale has never shied away from not just talking but showing off his wealth. Earlier in the year, the music star took shared with fans, photos of his pretty expensive garage and we were left awe.
Shatta Wale’s exotic cars…
The singer showed off the vehicles — two white Range Rover Sport and a red Land Rover on Saturday, January 12, 2019, via Instagram. In one picture, a joint cuddles tight to his lip. In the photo, it is clearly in the morning as the caption of his post reads, “Good morning God!!!”
Motorbikes are also not excluded from his interests. Shatta Wale’s rasta image is not only obvious in his reggae sound, hanging out a power bike has helped keep up a tough look. Perhaps, he got one for a gift in December 2018, in a picture he also shared on IG.
Two months earlier, the dancehall singer released his “Reign” album. At the Fantasy Dome in Accra, where he launched the project, Shatta Wale made good use of the momentum during his performance to propose to his baby mama Michy who said yes.