EASY WAYS TO ADD PIGMENT TO YOUR LIPS FOR A TEMPORARY
Fix On days when there’s no time to “pinkify” your lips in time for your event, here are some quick fixes!
- Moisturising properties
- Exfoliates lips, leaving them hydrated
- Enzymes help to lighten the colour of lips
- Boosts lips’ metabolism and self-repair abilities
- Antioxidant that protects against UV rays
- Contains Vitamin F: maintains hydration and softness of lips
- Anti-aging, anti-inflammatory properties
- Prevents fine lines
- Commonly used to treat eczema
- Revitalises cells • Moisturises lips
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Boosts immunity
- Pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties: commonly used to treat burns
- Locks moisture in; most effective when used after bathing
- Disinfects lips, prevents infections
- Soothing properties
- Revitalises dry and chapped lips
- Contains aloesin: restricts the pigmentation of skin, causing lips to lighten
NATURAL HOME REMEDIES AND DIY LIP MASKS TO ACHIEVE HYDRATED PINK LIPS
They say, “beauty is pain” and we know that it’s indeed a commitment. Your lips require no less – according to beauty aesthetician, Alana Mitchell, doing regular lip masks will do great things to moisturise them.
HONEY AND SUGAR
- Brown sugar
Brown sugar is a better option as compared to regular white sugar as it contains antioxidants. Benefits include protecting the skin from UV rays and toxins.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey in a small bowl thoroughly.
- Using your fingers, lightly massage the scrub over your lips for 1 minute. This exfoliates them and improves blood circulation, making them healthier and lighten with time.
- After leaving the scrub on for a few minutes, wash it off with plain water.
2 – 3 times a week.
ROSE PETALS AND MILK
Rose petals contain antioxidants that can slow down ageing while having other benefits like reducing skin redness and calming irritation.
- Mash some rose petals and mix with milk until it becomes a paste.
- Apply the paste onto your lips until fully covered.
- Continue massaging your lips with it for 2 minutes.
- Wash it off and apply clear lip balm.
Every day or every other day.
POMEGRANATE SEEDS AND MILK
- Pomegranate seeds (contains punicalagin which prevents your lips from darkening when exposed to the sun.)
- Grab a small number of pomegranate seeds and crush into powder form.
- Mix well with milk cream and rub them gently on your lips.
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Every day for 1 month and you’ll be able to notice a pinker and fuller lip!