How long should a guy’s fingernails be? As short as possible? A bit of white showing? Here’s what I think, and why.
- Long fingernails get dirty very quickly. They can also be quite distracting, depending on how dirty and unkempt they are.
- Many women equate longer fingernails with femininity. This may or may not be a factor for you.
- Longer fingernails that are in poor health (such as being too yellow) can look quite disgusting.
- Long fingernails are very impractical, especially if are doing any type of labor or physical work.
Shorter fingernails on the other hand have a ton of advantages:
- They are easier to keep clean.
- They look more hygienic.
- They are more practical for being intimate. For example, long fingernails can accidentally cut or scratch your partner, not just on the arm or leg, but elsewhere…
However, if your fingernails are too short, this can also be problematic, as:
- Extremely short fingernails tend to be more prone to hang-nails.
This is why I would suggest to cut them short, but not so short that all of the “white” on your nails is gone.
This will let your fingers have a “bit of grab” on them, in order to pop open a can of Coke, for instance.
Now that that’s out of the way, it might be a good idea for you to know a little bit about how your nails work, as this can be important to helping you implement any changes to your fingernail hygiene.