Nothing compares to the soft embrace of a fresh towel. If your towels are feeling a little worse for wear or you’d like to keep your new towels in perfect condition; follow our key care tips to ensure they stay fresh and soft for years to come.
– To protect the fibres of your towels, we recommend using a gentle eucalyptus-based washing detergent for superior colour retention, so they look beautiful for longer.
– For white towels, optical brighteners are fine to use; but avoid using them on your coloured washes. Try to keep whites separate to avoid colour running.
– Attend to stains immediately as they occur using an oxygen-based stain remover.This will result in more effective removal.
– Line drying your towels in the shade is ideal and it reduces electricity usage. Tumble drying your towels for a few minutes when they are almost dry off the line will maximise their softness but it’s not essential. For tumble drying, dry your towels on a medium to warm setting and ensure they are completely dry before storing them in your linen cupboard.
– Never use bleach to clean your towels and make sure bathroom cleaning products containing bleach are kept separately from your towels to avoid any bleach stains.
– Avoid dry cleaning.
– Avoid using silicone-based fabric softeners and conditioners. These will repel water and will reduce the absorbency of your fluffy towels.
– When doing a towel load of washing, try not to overcrowd the machine so they have plenty of water around them to soak and wash.